Director of Analytics / Data Mining
Over last two years, highly granular energy data has become accessible to consumers. Bidgely has a vision to get this fantastic technology into every single home using this open data access. We are looking for a seasoned Consumer Product and Marketing Leader who can realize this vision. The position reports to the CEO with a broad responsibility to head the products, marketing and all other aspects of consumer operations.
Bidgely ( which means "electricity" in Hindi ) is a disruptive technology startup, building an innovative energy monitoring solution that is radically changing consumer perspective on energy efficiency. We have developed ground-breaking analytics that can itemize home energy usage data to the appliance level without using any plug-level monitors. Now, we are setting out to deliver this technology to millions of households across the world and capture a market that is predicted to be billions of dollars in next few years. The combination of big data in energy, data mining and consumer advertising come together to make this world a greener place by helping reduce energy consumption at a massive scale. We are funded by one of the top cleantech VCs in the Silicon Valley.
- Lead an existing team of data analytics research scientists to perform cutting edge energy analytics
- Hire further and build a world class data science team
- Design innovative algorithms to solve real world energy problems
- Drive day to day technical experiment choices for exploring solutions to a given problem
- Productize the proven algorithms on tight time schedules
- Manage IP portfolio by filing patents to strengthen competitive positioning
- Appliance Energy Signatures. It is the pattern recognition algorithms applied to the energy consumption signatures of various appliances to extract them from the whole house energy profile from Smart Meters.
- Handling Big Data. With live data from millions of homes, imagine how interesting it would be to be able to predict the clustering of appliances based on model, year, geography, efficiency and user behavior.
- 7-10+ years of industry experience in the Data Mining Research having delivered solutions that are operational in real life applications.
- BS/MS/PhD/PhD dropout in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas.
- Strong background in data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Expert pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills (time series analysis, Markov chains, decision trees, etc.)
- Keen aptitude for large scale data analysis with a knack for identifying key insights from data.
- Fluency in programming languages like C/C++/Java.
- Fluency in analytical tools such as Matlab, R, Weka etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong intuition and ability to dig deeper into data
- Past experience of leading or managing an analytics team a big plus
- Ability to prototype fast solutions and productize the successful prototypes into production code
- Ability to enjoy working hard in a high caliber team
- Startup friendly
Please e-mail your resume to jobs at bidgely.com.