Senior Software Engineer/Architect - Cloud/Big Data
We are looking for extraordinary software engineers to build a world class cloud platform that scales to millions of users. You must have experience building key portions of a highly scalable cloud platform preferably using Amazon AWS and should know EC2, S3, EMR like the back of their hand. You must enjoy working in a fast paced startup and enjoy wearing multiple hats to get the job done. Any experience building infrastructure to support large scale data mining is ideal.
Bidgely ( which means "electricity" in Hindi ) is a disruptive technology startup, building an innovative energy monitoring solution that is radically changing consumer perspective on energy efficiency. We have developed ground-breaking analytics that can itemize home energy usage data to the appliance level without using any plug-level monitors. Now, we are setting out to deliver this technology to millions of households across the world and capture a market that is predicted to be billions of dollars in next few years. The combination of big data in energy, data mining and consumer advertising come together to make this world a greener place by helping reduce energy consumption at a massive scale. We are funded by one of the top cleantech VCs in the Silicon Valley.
- Drive choice of data storage technology based on application requirements
- Design and build the infrastructure that would run next generation energy analytics using our patent-pending algorithms
- Implement key portions of our software application in the cloud
- Deliver new architectures in weeks, features in days (sometimes hours!)
- Find clean, simple solutions that are bug-free and easy to maintain
- Model data analytics using the map-reduce paradigm
- Hands on involvement in all tiers of the MVC framework
- Define best practices and lead by example
- Masters in Computer Science
- Exceptionally strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience welcome
- Must have 6-8 years of experience coding in Java/C++. At least 3 years in one of Ruby/Perl/PHP
- Mastery over all tiers of web infrastructures. Some technologies we use - HTTP, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL
- Expertise in both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL data storage technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB etc
- Real world experience building a Hadoop cluster to perform analytics at massive scale
- Experience building a cloud platform that served millions of users
- An open mind to absorb new concepts quickly and a willingness to healthy debate
- Above all you must enjoy working as a part of a small team that does big things!
Please e-mail your resume to jobs at bidgely.com.