Jobs at Bidgely!
Sales Director, Japan
Reporting to the VP of APJ Sales, the Director of Sales is a part of the team that is responsible for management of all sales and channel operations in the Japan market. Based out of his/her home office, he/she will accelerate Bidgely’s growth in Japan by creating and executing a focused sales plan. The ideal candidate is an evangelical sales leader who is aggressive, disciplined, results oriented and strategically agile. If your track record of success gives you confidence in your ability to grow sales rapidly, if you want your work to make a difference in the energy industry, and if you’re passionate about new technology, we’d love you to join our world class team.
Bidgely is profoundly changing the way consumers interact with their energy use, and as a result, changing the energy industry itself. By combining the power of SaaS-based analytics with a consumer-friendly web and mobile-based application, Bidgely brings a unique high-tech approach to the energy industry and helps customers save energy.
Bidgely is very well funded by Khosla Ventures (a top tier venture capital firm in the Silicon Valley) and three of the leading utilities in the world – EOn, RWE (now called Innogy) and Exelon. We are headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with a global presence in Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan and India. We are one of the fastest growing energy analytics companies and are building a team of highly talented individuals who envision, create and launch next generation consumer facing energy management applications. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting projects.
- Sources and sells 7-figure deals into large utility accounts.Drives the development of a sales strategy, including target markets and clients.
- Setups and manage the sales funnel activities through Bidgely’s CRM systems.
- Builds and develop relationships with electric and gas utilities.
- Works with Bidgely’s Marketing and Product Development teams to implement product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Engages regulators in supporting the technology.
- Attends industry conferences in Japan and Asia as a Bidgely Ambassador and sought after speaker.
- Develops pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- At least 7 years’ sales experience in comparable industries, with 4 years in a senior management.
- Significant experience in the energy space.
- Success selling SaaS and/or consumer-facing technologies.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market.
- Ability to plan and manage both at strategic and operational level.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executives.
- Bright, relentless, effective and bold.
- Love to sell.
- Can travel extensively.
- High proficiency in English and Japanese is a must. Other languages would be appreciated.
Please e-mail your resume to prateek at bidgely.com.