Jobs at Bidgely!
Senior Data Scientist
At Bidgely, the data science team uses machine learning to extract actionable insights from a combination of raw energy and user behavior data. Bidgely is looking for an extraordinary Senior Data Scientist, with a thirst for finding interesting patterns through analytical experiments as well as for delivering practical recommendations to the end customers. Be part of a highly collaborative and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work. The ideal candidate is not only proficient with machine learning techniques and methodologies, but also share our passion for energy conservation.
Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi ) is a disruptive technology startup, building an innovative energy monitoring solution that is radically changing consumer perspective on energy efficiency. We have developed ground-breaking analytics that can itemize home energy usage data to the appliance level without using any plug-level monitors. Now, we are setting out to deliver this technology to millions of households across the world and capture a market that is predicted to be billions of dollars in next few years. The combination of big data in energy, data mining and consumer advertising come together to make this world a greener place by helping reduce energy consumption at a massive scale. We are funded by one of the top cleantech VCs in the Silicon Valley.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for energy disaggregation. This includes adding new appliance categories and improving accuracy of existing appliance categories, and discovering short/long-term patterns and trends.
- Analyze and interpret utilities program results.
- Productize proven, cross-validated models into production pipeline.
- Collaborate with product, marketing and engineering teams to leverage data science to solve cross-disciplinary problems.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas. Exceptionally strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience welcome.
- Strong background in data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis. Expert in pattern recognition and predictive modeling (time series analysis, logistic regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Fluency in programming languages like Java/Python. Experience using Big Data (Hadoop / Cassandra / HDFS / HBase / HIVE / Pig) is a plus.
- 3+ years hands-on practical experience with large scale data analysis. Fluency in analytical tools such as Matlab/R.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Keen aptitude for large scale data analysis with a knack for identifying key insights from data.
Please e-mail your resume to jobs at bidgely.com.