The Company You Will Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California, and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over nineteen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over thirty million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud-based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations, and accelerate their journey toward a clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by several new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage, threatening a century-old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid. Bidgely is playing an important role in solving these problems by using data and AI to rescue from the clean energy scaling limitations.
The Position and the Team You Will Work With
We are seeking a highly skilled and strategic Vice President of Partnerships and Business Development to join our executive team. In this critical leadership role, you will be responsible for driving the growth and expansion of our business through strategic partnerships, alliances, and business development initiatives. Your focus will be on identifying and pursuing opportunities to enhance our market presence, drive revenue growth, and foster mutually beneficial collaborations within the energy industry.
The Vice President of Partnerships and Business Development position is for a person committed to accelerating the pace of change not only at a macro level in the energy industry but additionally for the key players within it as well. You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officers and work collaboratively across our Sales, Marketing, Product, and Strategy and Growth teams to drive successful outcomes.
As the VP of Partnerships and Business Development you will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive partnerships and business development strategy aligned with the company’s goals and growth objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize potential strategic partnerships and business opportunities that align with our product offerings and target markets.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including utilities, technology/vendor partners, industry associations, and government agencies to identify collaboration pathways.
- Lead the negotiation and execution of partnership agreements, joint ventures, and strategic alliances to drive revenue growth, expand market reach, and enhance product offerings.
- Directly responsible for generating revenue from a variety of sources by developing new partnerships and growing existing relationships.
- Establish repeatable, data-driven practices, and oversight into all partnership programs that drive meaningful revenue and retention.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, marketing, and sales, to ensure seamless execution of partnership initiatives and maximize value creation.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify emerging trends, market gaps, and potential partnership opportunities.
- Monitor industry trends and regulatory changes to identify business development opportunities and potential risks.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to establish thought leadership, enhance brand visibility, and foster strategic partnerships.
- Develop and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of partnership initiatives, track progress, and report results to the executive team.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in partnerships, business development, or strategic roles within the software industry, preferably in the energy sector.
- Have created successful partnerships which have generated solid top line revenue for the company and drove diversification of the top line to include well-established partners generated revenue.
- Deep understanding of the energy industry landscape, including knowledge of renewable energy, energy management, grid technologies, and related regulatory frameworks.
- Strong network of industry contacts and the ability to leverage those relationships for business development opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully negotiating and closing strategic partnerships, joint ventures, or similar collaborations.
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate market insights into actionable strategies.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Results-oriented mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding business development targets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo to drive impact
- Results driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality Focused: Quality is at the heart of everything you do. You take great pride in your work and are a trusted resource.
- Hungry & Resourceful – You can’t rest until you’ve uncovered all rocks that might lead to value or opportunities
Why You Will Love Working at Bidgely
- We provide the tools you need to execute your role including home office set up
- Discounts on movie tickets, technology, pet insurance and more!
- Opportunity to grow with a startup – we offer stock options!
- Opportunity to work within a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Flexible working arrangements
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage from day one
- HSA, FSA and DCFSA plans
- Unlimited and Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual wellness stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Access to wellness resources through InsightTimer
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with support for your whole family
This position is remote.
Travel will vary based on geographical location
$175,000-$200,000 base plus variable
In accordance with the California Equal Pay and Pay Transparency laws , the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We are serious about and embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to build a better future and a better workforce.