*** Proficient “Business”Japanese reading, writing and speaking skills are mandatory***
The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy decisions.
Bidgely has developed the utility industry’s first artificial intelligence (AI) powered enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. We transform utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models. More than 24M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and innovative work environment.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We are currently seeking a top-notch Account and Sales Manager who will be responsible for rolling out Bidgely’s innovative energy management service to our largest and most complex utility customers in Japan. As a key member of our Japan team, and with full support of both solution architects and customer success managers, you will be utilizing your outstanding project and account management skills to deliver solutions on time and on budget to the customer. In addition you will help to define new market segments and product opportunities, research utility plans and lead solution design in coordination with the sales director.
Must Have Qualifications
- Mandatory: strong “business quality” reading, writing and speaking communication skills in both Japanese and English. You will not make it to the interview stage without this.
- Previous experience in and with Japanese companies is preferred.
- 3-5 years of project management experience at a technology company
- A four year college degree (a STEM degree is preferred), plus an advanced degree in engineering or equivalent fields – strong logical thinking and problem solving capability is required.
- Ability to work hours that accommodate ease of communications with clients in Japan
- Work experience at a fast paced startup is a plus
- Preference for candidate to be located in the West coast of the USA, Australia or Hawaii, due the time zone difference with Japan
Strategy, Planning and Sales Account Management Requirements
- Ability to work closely with the Country Sales Director; to be an expert on Bidgely’s Products and Data Science; to lead key workshops with clients.
- Provide a strong “market-in” perspective to and then collaborate with, Product and Marketing to conceptualize new solutions that will help penetrate further into the Japanese market.
- Drive go-to-market launches
- Identify strategic initiatives based on industry and market trends that will help the company grow in Japan
- Help develop comprehensive presentations and proposals
Project Management Requirements
- Track record of success delivering complex, x-functional projects with large enterprise customers
- Strong desire to be a business owner of your customers to balance revenue, costs and margin across a book of business.
- Ability to work with customers post launch to hit their business goals
- Ability to convert project-level success into future account level business development (sales) opportunities
- Experience or deep personal interest in the energy sector with a passion for decarbonization, electrification and energy efficiency
- Communication and comprehension of technical issues to a reasonable level when working with the customer and our engineering teams
- Comfortable multitasking on several simultaneous projects
- Ability to facilitate a constructive dialog with the clients as well as with the Bidgely internal teams to achieve the common goals in both languages.
- Open, proactive, and highly collaborative mentality
What You Can Look Forward To
- Acquiring a deep understanding of the energy market and how Bidgely can play a disruptive role in creating a more energy-efficient future
- Becoming a business owner balancing customer goals, revenue and margin in both implementation and post launch projects.
- Understanding Bidgely products in order to influence product development plans and schedules
- Collaborating with Bidgely Sales and Business Development team to present our solutions in a comprehensive and compelling way to win business
- Presenting regularly to the customer and Bidgely stakeholders on the status of the project
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data Driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate and intelligent team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Great benefit package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance; 401(k); Paid Parental Leave policy; Unlimited PTO.
- Flexibility: this role is remote so you can work from the location of your choosing within the United States. Once normal business operations resume, you may choose to work from our Mountain View office or stay fully remote.
- Remote within the US – Will favor candidates who are on the West Coast of USA