The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy-related decisions.
Bidgely has developed the utility industry’s first enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. Our artificial intelligence (AI) powered platform transforms utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models by offering customer-relevant energy products and services through the utility’s marketplace. customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and new revenue models. More than 17M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and intellectually-engaging environment.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
As Director of Sales, you will be responsible for implementing a structured sales plan aimed at generating new business and for building strong, trust-based relationships with customer decision makers at the “CXO” level.
The Director of Sales will focus on growing the business through persistent, adaptive and smart sales strategy & tactics. Through a consultative sales process, the Director of Sales will work closely with North American utility accounts to educate, influence and ultimately create the business justification to partner with Bidgely.
As Director of Sales You Will
- Expand business by delivering new bookings and revenue in named utility accounts in North America.
- Work with utilities to define, scope and contract Bidgely solutions as it relates to customer programs (demand side management, electric vehicles, distributed resources, time of use, digitization) and grid analytics.
- Manage complex sales cycles at accounts through a team based sales approach. This includes partnering with Inside Sales to identify opportunities, Regulatory to influence opportunities and Solution Engineerings to scope opportunities.
- Develop understanding and influence over the utility buying process. This includes the ability to speak to the market, regulatory and technical nuance that impacts decision making.
- Prospect new and existing accounts to build a solid pipeline multiple to ensure successful achievement of quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
- Manage all opportunities by navigating the critical success factors, competitive challenges, partner landscape, objections and other complex issues to ensure successful outcomes in the territory.
- Carry a quota and create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as pipeline for the current quarter and beyond.
- Plan and facilitate meetings between Bidgely’s executive team, the client’s business executives, technology and procurement teams to align all parties around the engagement.
- Schedule strategic meetings with clients, partners, and thought-leaders to understand global and regional regulatory and industry specific issues that impact our accounts.
- Interface with Bidgely marketing, product management, and professional services teams to review programs and timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful implementation.
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making
You Will Bring
- At least 5 years utility experience working with/for electric, gas and/or water utilities in North America.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulated utility space with a specific focus in the following areas: grid modernization, electric vehicles, decarbonization and demand side management.
- Direct sales and/or account management experience specifically selling multi-million dollar enterprise SaaS software deals to utility companies.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex sales situations and to close multi-million dollar transactions.
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced work environment
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- We provide the tools you need to execute your role including home office set up
- Opportunity to work within a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Discounts on movie tickets, technology, and more!
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to TalkSpace and Sanvello
- Access to wellness resources through InsightTimer
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with support for your whole family
$125,000-140,000 base with 50/50 split on commission
Target earning is $250K-$280K
Candidates must be based in the Southeast US