What can Artificial Intelligence do to reinvent the energy industry? This is your opportunity to join a world-class team and help us figure that out. A growth phase global start-up headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Bidgely is transforming the way customers interact with their energy use. By combining the power of machine learning and behavioral insights, Bidgely provides a suite of enterprise solutions that help customers save energy and enable utilities to make intelligent decisions while building enduring customer relationships worldwide. It’s an exciting time in the company’s evolution. We are in the Series C funding stage and growing business rapidly, have acquired some of the biggest names in the industry as customers, and we’re breaking ground on new products and markets.
Bidgely India is the engineering center for global operations, with close to 100 employees, and has been recognized as A Great Place To Work.
Product overview: https://www.bidgely.com/utilityai/
The Analytics and Insights Group (AIG) is part of the Data Science function and focuses on the practical application of Data Science for energy disaggregation in the millions of homes across the globe served by Bidgely through its utility clients. The core of Bidgely’s products are Energy Disaggregation/Itemization, which is derived from Algorithms & Machine Learning models built by the Data Scientists.
This role is for leading a team within AIG which is focused on product analytics, energy efficiency programs, and metrics tracking and analytics. The team focuses on analytics around Bidgely products, customer engagement, energy efficiency as well as validating all dashboards and metrics tracked by Bidgely. The role will be responsible for the quality of analytics performed within the team and will be expected to constantly work towards developing and evolving the methodologies deployed. The lead should act as a sentinel in our quest to ensure that our products are delivering the best possible results to the Utility customers.
- Own the product analytics of bidgely’s end user facing products, measure and identify areas of improvement through data
- Liaise with Product Managers and Business Leaders to understand product issues, priorities and hence support them through relevant product analytics
- Own the automation of product analytics through good SQL knowledge
- Develop early warning metrics for production and highlight issues and breakdowns for resolution
- Resolve client escalations and concerns regarding key business metrics
- Define and own execution
- Deliver data backed analysis and statistically proven solutions
- Research and implement best practices
- Mentor team of analysts
- B.Tech from premiere institute with 5+ years analytics experience or Full time MBA from a premier b-school with 3+ years of experience in analytics/ business or product analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or other business/analytical disciplines
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Excellent understanding of retention, churn and acquisition of user base
- Ability to employ statistics and anomaly detection techniques for data-driven analytics
- Ability to put yourself in the shoes of the end customer and understand what “product excellence” means
- Ability to rethink existing products and use analytics to identify new features and product improvements.
- Ability to rethink existing processes and design new processes for more effective analyses
- Strong SQL knowledge, working experience with Looker and Tableau a great plus
- Strong commitment to quality visible in thoroughness of analysis and techniques employed
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to coach and mentor analysts on technical and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of statistics, basic machine learning and AB Testing is preferable
- Experience as a Growth hacker and/or in Product analytics is a big plus