The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy decisions.
Bidgely has developed the utility industry’s first artificial intelligence (AI) powered enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. We transform utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models. More than 24M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and innovative work environment.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We are seeking a self-driven and process oriented individual to manage proposal development across our North American business. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of intellectual curiosity for our industry and a relentless drive to execute Bidgely’s strategy through every sales opportunity. You will be a key contributor within the Strategy & Growth team and you will work closely with both sales and marketing on a daily basis. You will be supported by a team of account executives, sales engineers and solution architects, but you must also be comfortable working independently and under tight deadlines. You will be joining Bidgely during a critical and exciting time in our growth and as such, this job will be both challenging and rewarding.
- Consistently achieve performance goals, individually and as a team
- Lead cross functional teams through the proposal process
- Work closely with the executive team to deliver on Bidgely’s strategy
- Review RFx and bid/qualifications request documents so that client requirements are clearly understood for the team
- Help develop, write and incorporate win themes and discriminators into proposal and supporting documents
- Provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables are compliant with RFP requirements
- Utilize interviewing skills and work well with technical and non-technical SMEs to gather data and write compliant, compelling proposal content
- Lead and participate in proposal kick-off meetings, proposal updates and milestone reviews to ensure proposal progress is aligned with the timeline; Escalating issues and risks to sales stakeholders and leadership
- Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis and manage boilerplate libraries for various lines of business
- Work with SMEs throughout the company to ensure boilerplate content is accurate, accessible and up to date; Supporting organizational enablement through enhancement of content systems and design
You Will Bring
- BS/BA is required
- 5+ years of proposal writing or business development experience
- Strong preference for candidates with utility/energy industry experience
- Strong business acumen and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Willingness to hold others accountable
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data Driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate and intelligent team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Great benefit package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance; 401(k); Paid Parental Leave policy; Unlimited PTO.
- Flexibility: this role is remote so you can work from the location of your choosing within the United States. Once normal business operations resume, you may choose to work from our Mountain View office or stay fully remote.