The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over twenty-seven million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by a number of new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage threatening a century old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by the solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
The SDR role is a development position for a person aspiring to advance in a sales driven role for an energy technology organization. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategy & Growth and work closely with our Sales, Marketing and Strategy & Growth teams.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Be the first point of contact for many Bidgely prospects via inbound and outbound calls and emails
- Uncover prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities
- Execute timely follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads, inbound website & phone inquiries, educating prospects on Bidgely’s value proposition.
- Research targeted accounts, identify key players, generate interest and close for a discovery meeting with the account team
- Utilize Salesforce.com and associated prospecting tools to update lead scoring and document activities to ensure efficient lead management
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Bidgely solutions, industry trends and competition.
- Consistently achieve performance goals, individually and as a team.
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making
You Will Bring
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of success generating leads and qualifying potential customers for a software company is preferred
- Preference for candidates with utility/energy industry experience
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools (Google Suite, SFDC)
- Prior successful sales / lead qualification experience a plus
- Insatiable curiosity, want to know & understand how things work. Read –> are not satisfied with merely achieving results without asking themselves how they got there and how they could perform even better.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills
- Excellent active listening skills; ability to identifying the underlying business challenges
- Attention to detail, capturing requirements, and communicating the business challenges of our prospects
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Creative, forward thinking, entrepreneurial spirit; runs territory as their own business
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Can retell a customer story and extract business points out of it
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to experiment with creative approach
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your skills
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Parental Leave policy
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Programs for mental health and wellbeing
- Home Office Stipend
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We are serious about and embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to build a better future and a better workforce.
Salary Range: $60,000 + Bonus Structure