The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy decisions.
Bidgely has developed the utility industry’s first artificial intelligence (AI) powered enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. We transform utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models. More than 24M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and innovative work environment.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
Reporting to the SVP of International Sales, the Sales Director is a part of a team that is responsible for managing all sales and channel operations in the EU. Based out of their home office, the Sales Director will accelerate Bidgely’s growth by creating and executing a focused sales plan. The ideal candidate is a sales leader who is disciplined, results oriented, strategically agile and takes a very consultative approach to the sales process. If you have the proven ability to grow sales in both small and large accounts, if you want your work to make a difference in the clean tech, energy space, we’d love you to join our world class team.
What You’ll Bring
- A three or four year university degree
- At least 7 years sales experience in comparable software related industries. Experience in the energy space.
- Success selling SaaS and/or consumer-facing technologies.
- Desire to dig into the details of technology and ability to articulate it clearly to the customers.
- Proven consultative selling based track record for new products into new markets.
- Ability to plan and manage both at strategic and operational level.
- Strong interpersonal and written and communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- High proficiency in English and Italian is required. Fluency in other EU based languages, Spanish preferred, is an advantage.
- Open and highly collaborative mentality.
- Ability to travel extensively once Covid restrictions are lifted.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Selling 6-figure deals into large utility accounts.
- Working with a small European team to drive the development of the EU sales strategy, including target markets and clients.
- Setting up and managing the sales funnel activities through Bidgely’s CRM system.
- Building and developing relationships with electric and gas utilities.
- Working with Bidgely’s Marketing and Product Development teams to implement product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Attending industry conferences in the EU as a Bidgely Ambassador and being a sought after speaker.
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data Driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate and intelligent team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Convenient travel location within the EU