The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy-related decisions.
Bidgely has developed the utility industry’s first enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. Our artificial intelligence (AI) powered platform transforms utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models by offering customer-relevant energy products and services through the utility’s marketplace. customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and new revenue models. More than 17M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and intellectually-engaging environment.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
Bidgely is looking for extraordinary and dynamic Data Scientists to be part of its core team in Bangalore. You must have delivered advanced statistical and machine learning models as part of commercial products and created substantial intellectual property with business impact. You must enjoy working with large data and finding interesting patterns in the data through analytics experiments in a methodical and data driven scientific way. Be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
As Sr. Data Scientist / Machine learning Expert You Will
- Research and develop advanced statistical and machine learning models for analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data
- Dig deeper into data, understand characteristics of data, evaluate alternate models and validate hypothesis through theoretical and empirical approaches
- Productize proven or working models into production quality code
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams in Business Units to elicit & understand their requirements & challenges and develop potential solutions
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers
- File patents for innovative solutions that add to company’s IP portfolio
You Will Bring
- 4 to 6 years of strong experience in data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas from Premier institutes ( only IITs / IISc / BITS / Top NITs or top US university should apply)
- Experience in productizing models to code in fast paced start-up environment
- Fluency in analytical tools such as Matlab, R, Weka etc.
- Strong intuition for data and Keen aptitude on large scale data analysis
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo
- Resilient – You enjoy meeting challenges head on and strive to find creative solutions to problems
- Data driven – you understand the importance of data in decision making