Jobs at Bidgely!
Director, Delivery Engineering
Bidgely is looking for extraordinary and dynamic Delivery Engineering Director to lead its delivery team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of managing teams to integrate customers with platform products, plan your teams growth and an ability to architect solutions in a customer facing role. You must be a good planner, highly analytical and a good problem solver. Be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
- Own responsibility for planning and executing the team’s growth, projecting team needs based on project growth, hiring team members, training team members and overall leadership of the Delivery team.
- Manage a portfolio of projects to ensure customer committed dates are achieved through both Agile and Waterfall development activities.
- Own responsibility for implementing, integrating and configuring the overall solution for utility customers. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion, design, solution architecture, implementation, delivery, resolving customer facing technical issues and technical discussion with customers.
- Be a product expert at Bidgely. Collaborate with Utility customers to understand the requirements, map requirements to product features, do product gap analysis and finalize the product customizations and changes. Customizations will be kept to a minimum with a strong preference to have them incorporated into the core product by the Product Engineering team. Collaborate with the product management to ensure recurring utility requirements are included as standard product features.
- Lead a team who are the focal point of implementation, configuration (both backend and frontend), quality assurance (matrixed from QA group) and data modeling (matrixed from Data Science group).
- Collaborate with product engineering team on enhancing the core technology platform and infrastructure based on utility requirements.
- Work with Customer Success to define the utility project key success metrics and analyse & track these metrics to ensure desired results.
- Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Drive the design vision on a multitude of Enterprise projects ranging in scale, scope, and market sector (Technology, Financial, Retail, etc.).
- Exhibit exceptional oral and written communication skills to express reasoning behind key design decisions. This role will require you interface with clients at the executive level, representing our product and process, on an as needed basis.
- Provide QA/QC oversight of coordination across all design disciplines from design through construction and completion.
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving design documents, RFP’s and other technical documentation against varying project profiles.
- Have an eye out for process and technical upgrades. Support technical improvements both in the product as well as the process we use to create, present, and document our design.
- Work collaboratively with the PM, Engineering, Architects and Customer Success Managers to execute projects smartly, efficiently, timely and on budget.
- This role manages direct reports. The Director’s responsibilities will include conducting professional 1:1 sessions, reviewing performance, providing mentorship, and performing other people management duties.
- Be a positive influence within your team by carrying yourself in a professional manner. Be optimistic and help others do so as well.
- Be a mentor to design team members by providing guidance, feedback, and direction on design methodologies.
- Be a Positive Influence – Become a positive influence within your discipline and beyond by always carrying yourself in a professional manner. Be optimistic and help others do so as well. This applies to our team, our consultants, and other parts of the business. You are a leader representing the Design Department. We should always be at our best.
- Build the Guild – Be excited about creating a strong culture within your guild, through events, mentorship, and learning opportunities. Develop an environment that excitedly welcomes new discipline team members, and helps to grow current members.
- Manage and Mentor – Act as both a manager and a mentor to regional discipline team members (provide guidance, feedback, and assistance on product design methodology).
- Collaborate – Work collaboratively with your direct guild members, the global Discipline Head, and the other regional Discipline Leads within your function.
- Build Relationships – Dive deep into your discipline by building relationships within your industry, leveraging expertise and creating excitement within the guild about the future of your discipline from a wide-lens perspective.
- Be Respectful and Discreet – As a manager, you will encounter sensitive situations and information. Honesty, respect, and privacy are essential.
- Prioritize and Be Organized – As you will remain an active team member working on projects, it is important that you understand your own workflow, and are able to prioritize and work efficiently. The Discipline Lead will wear many hats–project team member, manager, product expert–so you must feel comfortable and excited about getting involved at many levels of the Design organization
- 15 years of strong experience in full stack development, product integration and/or product configuration.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes
- Excellent track record of leading teams to design and deliver System architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer facing role.
- Strong in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services.
- Familiarity with Multi-tenancy, SaaS and proven track record of multiple SaaS product implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical issues clearly to non-technical users.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and a highly resourceful problem solver
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.