Jobs at Bidgely!
Director of Sales – Strategic Utility Solutions, North America
The Company You’ll JoinAt Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy-related decisions. Bidgely has developed the utility industry's first enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. Our artificial intelligence (AI) powered platform transforms utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models by offering customer-relevant energy products and services through the utility’s marketplace. customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and new revenue models. More than 17M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and intellectually-engaging environment.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will be the primary owner of all sales and business development activities for your strategic North American utility accounts & solutions. You will play a key role in developing new business and managing key utility accounts to rapidly grow the company. You will be responsible for implementing a structured sales plan aimed at generating new business and for building strong, trust-based relationships with customer decision makers at the “CXO” level.
- Expand business by delivering new bookings and revenue in named utility accounts in North America.
- Work with utilities to define, scope and sell Bidgely solutions as it relates to customer programs (demand side management, distributed resources, time of use, digitization) and grid analytics.
- Manage complex sales cycles at accounts through team based sales approach.
- Prospect new and existing accounts to build a solid pipeline multiple to ensure successful achievement of quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
- Execute on a proven territory plan to ensure prioritization and proper resource allocation.
- Manage all opportunities by navigating the critical success factors, competitive challenges, partner landscape, objections and other complex issues to ensure successful outcomes in the territory.
- Create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as pipeline for the current quarter and beyond.
- Articulate the path to closure and key tactical steps for each account in forecasted and pipeline deals.
- Plan and facilitate meetings between Bidgely’s executive team, the client’s business executives, technology and procurement teams to align all parties around the engagement.
- Schedule strategic meetings with clients, partners, and thought-leaders to understand global and regional regulatory and industry specific issues that impact our accounts.
- Interface with Bidgely marketing, product management, and professional services teams to review programs and timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful implementation.
- At least 5 years utility experience working with/for electric, gas and/or water utilities in North America.
- Demonstrated knowledge of utility customer facing solutions for gas and small and medium business customers will be a key skill for this position.
- Direct sales and/or account management experience specifically selling multi-million dollar enterprise SaaS software deals to utility companies.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex sales situations and to close multi-million dollar transactions.
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced work environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].