Jobs at Bidgely!
Lead, Data Analytics
The Analytics and Insights Group (AIG) is part of the Data Science function and focuses on the practical
application of Data Science for energy disaggregation in the millions of homes across the globe served by
Bidgely through its utility clients. The core of Bidgely’s products are Energy Disaggregation/Itemization,
which is derived from Algorithms & Machine Learning models built by the Data Scientists.
This role is for leading the disaggregation quality team, overseeing the validation of all disaggregation
algorithms developed by data scientists. The role will need to ensure we design processes to test and
constantly monitor the quality of itemization we provide to millions of homes across the globe. The lead
should act as a sentinel in our quest to ensure that our Products’ Data Science components are delivering
the best possible results to the Utility customers.
● Own the quality of itemization provided to each home served by Bidgely’s ML algorithms
● Closely track development of ML algorithms within the data science team and design test plans for
QA of said algorithms
● Evolve the methodologies employed by team to improve the effectiveness of data driven testing of
● Define timelines for testing of algorithms and ensure adherence to the same within the team
● Set up processes to identify scope for improvement in algorithms both from testing and from
monitoring of implementation in production environments
● Own the learning and development of the analysts, including evolution of the methods employed for
identifying anomalies and departure from expected behavior
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
● Full time MBA for a premier B-school with 3+ years of experience in analytics/ business analytics
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering,
Mathematics, or other business/analytical disciplines
SKILLS NEEDED TO EXCEL
● Ability to employ statistics and anomaly detection techniques for data-driven testing
● Ability to rethink existing processes and design new processes for more effective analyses
● Willingness to look at other industries for best practice sharing in terms of algorithm testing
● Strong commitment to quality visible in thoroughness of testing and monitoring techniques
● Strong project management and resource management skills
● Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively
communicate with both business and technical teams.
● Ability to coach and mentor analysts on technical and analytical skills
● Good knowledge of statistics and basic machine learning is a big plus
● Experience in developing and employing test cases to measure quality will be preferable
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.