Jobs at Bidgely!
Principal Data Scientist
Data Science is the blood that runs in our veins at Bidgely. It is 100% central to our technology, products and business.
We work on building cutting edge solutions using the energy and user behavior data from millions of homes. The company offers the highest possible leverage for a Data Scientist to use their passion and make a difference in the company and in making the world more energy efficient.
You will own key business problems and deliver innovative and practical solutions. You will work closely with the business team to identify problems that maximize value for the company. You will be a part of a nimble team solving real world problems through innovative use of AI techniques that go well beyond the traditional model building process. Your role will involve moderating brainstorming sessions, providing mentorship and most importantly driving ways to make swift progress. You will need to bring creativity to generate new ideas as well as the rigor to turn them into solid technical implementations that run in production to serve millions of users. You will be responsible for growing our IP portfolio as well as scouting for groundbreaking AI trends that we can leverage.
This position provides a track to grow into the role of Chief Data Scientist.
Own significant business problems and create innovative solutions
Develop and fine tune robust energy analytics algorithms
Collaborate with product, marketing and engineering teams to leverage data science to solve cross-disciplinary problems
Create an experimentation plan for your problem and run rapid iterations with frequent peer reviews
Be adept at software design to ensure a well designed and efficient data pipeline
Ongoing monitoring and optimization of operational costs of running algorithms
Actively contribute to multiple projects and provide technical leadership to the team
Cement Bidgely’s position as a thought leader in the industry through white papers, speaking engagements and creating Intellectual Property
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas
- 6+ years hands-on experience with large scale machine learning solutions running in production
- 4+ years leading data science projects and technically leading a team of scientists
- Strong background in machine learning, statistics and algorithms. Expertise in pattern recognition and predictive modeling (time series analysis, logistic regression, tree based methods, etc.)
- Fluency in Python/Matlab/SQL
- Skilled in data visualization techniques using BI tools such as Tableau/Looker/Excel and packages such as matplotlib/seaborn
- Good writing and presentation skills is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.