Jobs at Bidgely!
Sales Development Representative
The Company You’ll JoinAt Bidgely, we are working to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven energy-related decisions. Bidgely has developed the utility industry's first enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. Our artificial intelligence (AI) powered platform transforms utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models by offering customer-relevant energy products and services through the utility’s marketplace. customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and new revenue models. More than 17M+ homes across 30 utilities in 10+ countries are on the Bidgely platform. Based in Silicon Valley, the company has invested $30M in R&D and provides a fun and intellectually-engaging environment.
The SDR role is a development position for a person aspiring to advance in a sales driven role for an energy technology organization. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategy & Growth and work closely with our Sales, Marketing and Strategy & Growth teams.
- Be the first point of contact for many Bidgely prospects via inbound and outbound calls and emails
- Uncover prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities
- Execute timely follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads, inbound website & phone inquiries, educating prospects on Bidgely’s value proposition.
- Research targeted accounts, identify key players, generate interest and close for a discovery meeting with the account team
- Utilize Salesforce.com and associated prospecting tools to update lead scoring and document activities to ensure efficient lead management
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Bidgely solutions, industry trends and competition.
- Consistently achieve performance goals, individually and as a team.
- BS/BA is required
- 1-3 years of success generating leads and qualifying potential customers for a software company is preferred
- Preference for candidates with utility/energy industry experience
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools (Google Suite, SFDC)
- Prior successful sales / lead qualification experience a plus
- Insatiable curiosity, want to know & understand how things work. Read –> are not satisfied with merely achieving results without asking themselves how they got there and how they could perform even better.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills
- Excellent active listening skills; ability to identifying the underlying business challenges
- Attention to detail, capturing requirements, and communicating the business challenges of our prospects
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Creative, forward thinking, entrepreneurial spirit; runs territory as their own business
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Can retell a customer story and extract business points out of it
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to experiment with creative approach
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].