Jobs at Bidgely!
VP of Engineering and India Head of Operations, Bangalore
Bidgely is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Engineering leader to lead the software development team currently around 100 engineers (and growing) in Bangalore. You must have impeccable record of building and leading engineering teams to deliver successful technology products in a fast paced environment. You must be a hands-on leader who is passionate about technology and building high-performance technology team. Be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work. Build culture that empowers people to take responsibility and grow into next generation leaders.
- Deliver on overall engineering roadmap and goals of high product quality within budget and on-schedule. Plan, track and execute on overall engineering plan by appropriate prioritization, resource allocation and coordination with Product and Business teams.
- Adopt engineering best practices and champion their adoption in the organization. Ensure high quality engineering processes are followed – agile scrum, code reviews, architecture reviews, solid documentation, continuous integration and release management.
- Ensure that Bidgely’s production infrastructure is meeting the SLAs of availability, response time, data security and data privacy. Responsible for resolving the production & customer issues in timely manner to keep customer delight.
- Collaborate with Business team, Customer Success and Product Management to prepare quarterly and yearly engineering plans and budgeting. Track the Key Engineering Metrics and present to key stakeholders. Represent engineering in executive meetings and key customer meetings.
- Build a high performance team. Attract, Recruit and Retain the top talent. Motivate team members and help them grow in the organization. Formulate long-term goals and standards of performance for engineering. Train team members at all levels to be successful and grow to the next stage in their careers.
- Stay current with the latest market trends, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge within Bidgely and outside. Ensures that the Bidgely maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Create a culture of responsibility and innovation, transparency, ownership and grow teams such that middle leaders are promoted from within and not hired from outside by design.
- 15+ years of strong experience in software product development, with at least 8+ years in engineering leadership position.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from top institutes
- Strong track record of delivering highly scalable SaaS products in cross geography startup environment.
- Experience in Java, Web Services, RDBMS, NOSQL, AWS and Big Data technologies.
- Must be technical enough to dive into any level of technical details if required.
- Excellent people manager. Demonstrated ability of attracting, recruiting and building high quality technology team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving and change management skills
- Positive, self-motivated, proactive and quick learner.
- Prior experience of growing engineering organization in fast-paced startup environment.
- Understand Business concepts and drive daily decisions in line with company goals.
- Believe in SMART goals – not for the sake of planning on paper rather true test of predictable and high quality delivery.
- Strong planning skills for self and engineering managers down to line for predictable and on quality output.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.