Bidgely’s mission is to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling utilities and consumers to make data-driven energy decisions. Be sure to explore more resources at bidgely.com/clean-energy-future.
With accelerating the clean energy future at the heart of our mission, today is a particularly meaningful day for us at Bidgely, as well as clean energy advocates across the globe. While creating relevancy and actionability through data-driven decision making has always been core to our business, last year we formally evolved our mission to specifically call out our commitment to powering a cleaner, more sustainable future. And, we certainly do not stand alone. A record number of utilities have made notable net zero carbon commitments, and the Biden Administration’s clean energy plans offer promise for meaningful change.
To celebrate today, we’ve rounded up a small selection of resources highlighting what we see as key inputs for driving change: utility leadership, AI-driven decarbonization and electrification solutions, and optimized program design that converges environmental best practices with business outcomes.
The energy industry is at the forefront of the clean energy revolution. Leading utilities, which have been committed to energy efficiency and clean energy resources for years, are now translating and building upon those efforts with formal commitments.
- Read the Wall Street Journal series, showcasing how leading utilities are leading clean energy initiatives with a data-driven strategy
- Watch Abhay Gupta’s keynote from the JD Power Utility Client Conference. Pulling from JD Power’s recent sustainability index, Abhay shares key insight on how AI is helping utilities bring consumers along to experience the benefits and directly contribute to the clean energy revolution.
In order to tackle aggressive net zero carbon goals, utilities need to make smart and effective use of their wealth of data. Critical to this effort is understanding customers, becoming part of the EV and PV clean energy journey, and building grid reliability through personalization.
- Learn more about Bidgely’s Decarbonization Solution in this short video
- See the 6 ways utilities can lead the way toward decarbonization in this blog, featuring a custom infographic
- Watch these Engage 2020 sessions featuring leaders from Duke Energy:
- Lon Huber, VP of Rate Design and Strategic Solutions, Duke Energy on: Analytics for a Higher Renewable Energy Future
- Lang Reynolds, Director, Electric Transportation, Duke Energy on: Customer Intelligence in Informing EV and Propensity Modeling
- Explore Bidgely’s EV solution and cutting edge-research, or explore with our hands-on demo portal.
- Get an in-depth look at the R&D fueling our sustainable solutions, including the latest on TOU disaggregation and customer segmentation.
Aligning Sustainability and Business Outcomes
While we’re excited to see the heightened attention on climate mitigation, we enthusiastically acknowledge the fact that utilities have been investing in sustainable practices that drive their business outcomes for many years now. Here are a few success stories:
- Rocky Mountain Power’s digital Home Energy Reports (HERs) program generated 41GWhs of energy savings in less than one year.
- Southern California Gas exhibits how gas utilities can yield benefits, even for low and medium consumption users. Their HERs deployment exceeded the program’s energy efficiency goals, with 286,540 therms saved between December 2019 and February 2020.
- Hydro Ottawa’s digital strategy featuring energy efficiency program targeting yields energy savings and customer satisfaction.
- NV Energy is a super user of Bidgely applications from Home Energy Audits, Smart Alerts, Call Center and DSM program planning they have utilized advanced analytics to give customers a higher level of service. Watch Adam Grant’s session from Bidgely Engage as he shares best practices and proof points.
- Explore more case studies in the UtilityAI Platform Whitepaper.
Be sure to explore more resources at bidgely.com/clean-energy-future.