EV adoption continues to grow at a steady pace, making the timing of EV charging a critical area of focus for utilities worldwide both for decarbonization efforts and to manage peak circuit loads. To deal with this additional demand, utilities are implementing EV rate plans and incentive programs.
Bidgely’s UtilityAI platform informs EV programs with advanced AI-powered analytics, improving the targeting and adoption of EV-related behavior-based load management and the success of DER controls.
In order to manage EV loads, utilities are actively trying to understand who is conducting charging and where and when it is taking place. Legacy solutions have lacked individual-level charging specificity that can be easily scaled across all customers. UtilityAI’s Analytics Workbench includes easy-to-execute reporting that reveals:
- The current adoption patterns and EV load growth in a service territory
- The frequency of charging sessions and the distribution over time
- The maximum power draw of the charger at each customer site
- The grid impacts of EV charging loads at various levels of aggregation (city, substation, feeder)
- The proportion of off-peak versus on-peak load that can be influenced through EV TOU rates
EV Charging Behavioral
Use UtilityAI to craft an engaging customer journey that includes education, incentives to take action to shift load, automation of load management actions and the simplification of the EV program enrollment and participation. UtilityAI allows utilities to:
- Enroll customers in EV rate plans or other EV load programs when their charger has been detected.
- Identify customers likely to have purchased an EV to highlight EV charging as part of an itemized monthly bill breakdown that also includes relevant offers.
- Target customers with L2 charging to enroll in personalized alerts that educate them about opportunities to shift their charging times.
Guide customers through the process of adopting Solar, Electric Vehicles (EVs) and energy efficient products. Through AI-powered appliance disaggregation Bidgely:
- Identifies homes that are not currently using these appliances
- Identifies customers with higher propensity to take up these appliances
- Educates customers about these green product offerings paired with relevant energy insights and return on investment