The electric vehicle revolution is here and presents a huge opportunity for utilities to expand their revenue base and invest into new offerings. However, it doesn't come without challenges, such as increased load, peak demand, and grid disruption. In order to realize the full opportunity and mitigate risks utilities must understand what is happening behind the meter with EVs and therefore embrace analytics in order to make data driven decisions.
Bidgely offers the most holistic, scalable, and universal electrification solution in the industry, covering both the utility and consumer journey, collectively moving the industry towards a clean energy future where large EV and solar loads with varying rates and incentives are assets, not disruptions.
The heart of the solution is industry leading data science algorithms that detect EVs and track their usage and consumption patterns by only using your AMI data and no hardware required. This allows utilities to make data driven decisions while engaging customers with accurate and actionable data.
Increase EV awareness and adoption, improve customer satisfaction, and become a key advisor in your customers’ EV journey. Bidgely identifies candidates that are likely to make the switch and once a customer purchases an EV, Bidgely provides positive reinforcement and information on how they can best leverage utility programs such as time of use rates or rebates. Regular communications inform the customer how their charging behavior compares in terms of cost and carbon footprint.
- EV education on most common questions to remove mental barriers to more EV adoption
- EV Electric Rate Plan Comparisons to drive people to adoption
- Information on incentives like Rebates, Tax Credits, Charging Station Financing Programs and more
EV Analytics and
Current solutions in the industry use an opt-in method that either needs a hardware device or car/charger API or asks users to upload their data. These solutions are costly and lack scalability. Bidgely’s patented and accurate EV load disaggregation will allow you to learn the following from all the users in your service area - in an opt-out fashion - without any incentive per user - aggregate or individual level:
- The current adoption patterns and EV load growth in a service territory across single family homes vs multi-family homes, home vs public, day vs night, weekday vs weekend
- The frequency of charging sessions and the distribution over time
- The maximum power draw of the charger at each customer site
- The grid impacts of EV charging loads at various levels of aggregation (city, substation, feeder)
- The proportion of off-peak versus on-peak load that can be influenced through EV TOU rates
- Forecasting of how load increases based on adoption and charging hours.
- Learn more at Electric Vehicle Analytics:
The Future Is Now
Once customers are EV owners, use UtilityAI to craft an engaging customer journey that maximizes grid benefits by:
- Identifying all customers who bought and are charging EV at home to invite them to enroll in TOU rates or off peak charging programs
- Identifying customers who are still charging during on-peak hours and offer them incentives to shift to off peak. Many programs unnecessarily incentivize customers to shift load to off peak, when only a subset actually require monetary motivation to shift their charging behaviors
- Running behavior based incentive programs for peak chargers with a combination of financial and social benchmarking using software-only measures and highly accurate next day peak charging nudges
- Support customers who wish to automate off-peak charging through enrollment in direct managed charging programs