The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over thirty million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future. Come disrupt the energy industry with us!
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated People Operations Coordinator to work with our People Operations team. This is a great opportunity for a proactive, self-directed and detail oriented individual who is looking for experience and is seeking to grow in a Human Resource related role. This role is a 10 hour a week contract position. The role has the potential to increase in scope and hours
As a People Operations Coordinator, you will help with a wide variety of Human Resources functions such as recruiting, events, people operations and be the go to person for many administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is a person who is passionate about startups, enjoys helping others, is flexible, energetic, and takes pride in their work.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Owning responsibility for planning and supporting the meal needs for a monthly 2-day onsite for 10 – 20 people.
- Ensuring our office space is in top condition at all times.
- Picking up, sorting and directing mail for department heads.
- Coordinating and working directly with our CEO on scheduling and travel needs.
- Coordinating and working closely with People Operations and our event committee in organizing, planning and executing in person and remote company events.
- Coordinating recruiting activities such as candidate communication, scheduling and recruitment processes.
- Assisting with employee onboarding and offboarding tasks.
- Administrative ownership and leadership.
- Learning about all aspects of a startup and realizing your role in its success.
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo to drive impact
- Results driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality Focused: Quality is at the heart of everything you do. You take great pride in your work and are a trusted resource.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA or have equivalent experience
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace Apps
- Experience communicating across cultures
- Experience or an interest in learning marketing and content creation
- Adaptability, initiative and integrity
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and re-prioritize work
- Strong work ethic and accountability — if you say you’ll handle it, it’s as good as done
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to think critically to find solutions
- A customer service mindset — you prioritize our team and their needs
- Patience and an uplifting, positive attitude
- Passion for planning events and providing an excellent employee experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help with any task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup.
- We are a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future.
- Ability to work with team members all over the globe.
- This position is a hybrid role
- Must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and have the ability to travel to the Los Altos HQ at least once a week
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower the individuals who make up our workforce by supporting the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences therein. Bidgely thrives on the benefits it brings to our employees, products, and community.
Hourly Rate: $25/hour