The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over twenty-seven million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by a number of new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage threatening a century old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by the solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We are currently seeking a top-notch Technical Program Manager (Level I) who will assist in rolling out Bidgely’s innovative energy management service to our largest and most complex utility customers worldwide. As a key member of the team, you will be utilizing your outstanding project management, technical, and customer engagement skills to assist the Technical Program Manager (Level II and III) to deliver the solution on time and on budget to the customer.
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo to drive impact
- Results driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality Focused: Quality is at the heart of everything you do. You take great pride in your work and are a trusted resource.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience working in a prestigious systems integration consulting firm and/or have experience at a fast-paced start-up
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, REST APIs, and data transformation technologies is a plus. This role is expected to be hands-on
- Experience or deep personal interest in the energy efficiency or related industries is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- 2-4 years of software integration project experience at a technology company
- Experience working on project teams delivering complex, cross-functional projects with large high-touch enterprise customers
- Experience working across time zones with globally dispersed customers, teams, and offshore technical teams
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Detail-oriented and comfortable creating and tracking project plans, issues and risks, status reports, and project opens via Wrike, Smartsheets, Jira or other cloud project management tools
- Proven expertise in developing and driving solution development for cloud based implementations
- Excellent track record of designing and delivering system architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer facing role
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues clearly to non-technical users
- Problem-solving attitude when it comes to communicating, comprehending, and propelling resolution of technical issues when working with the customer and our engineering teams
- Comfortable multitasking and managing competing priorities on several simultaneous projects
- Open and highly collaborative team player mentality
- Driven and proactive with a customer first mentality
- Experience with Google Suite
What You’ll Do
- Acquire a deep understanding of the energy market and how Bidgely can play a disruptive role in creating a more energy-efficient future
- Understand Bidgely products in order to influence product development plans and schedules
- Drive key deliverables (product specifications, UAT planning, project management tool updates, etc.) so support new customer implementations end to end from Onboarding to Launch utilizing Project Management best practices
- Interact cross-functionally with Delivery/Product Engineering, Product Support, Strategy & Growth, Sales, and more in support of the customer
- Travel to customer sites 10% of the time and annual/bi-annual trips to Bidgely HQ in Mountain View, CA once Covid restrictions are lifted
- Contribute to the overall solution design & development for utility customers and work with our global engineering team. This includes requirement analysis, customer journey scope discussion, data integration, design, solution architecture, implementation, delivery, customer facing technical issue resolution and discussion.
- Be a product expert at Bidgely by collaborating with utility customers to understand requirements, mapping requirements to product features, performing product gap analysis and finalizing the product customizations and changes.
- Manage project deliverables, and ensure quality on on-time delivery, and ensure quality through a hands-on approach.
- Produce technical and product documents that clearly define the customer requirements and solution design in collaboration with the customer IT and engineering development teams
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your skills
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Parental Leave policy
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Programs for mental health and wellbeing
- Home Office Stipend
Remote within the US
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower the individuals who make up our workforce by supporting the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences therein. Bidgely thrives on the benefits it brings to our employees, products, and community.