The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over twenty-seven million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by a number of new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage threatening a century old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by the solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
As a Senior Customer Success Manager (SCSM), you will own the successful delivery of post launch projects and overall customer happiness. As part of Bidgely’s revenue organization, you will coordinate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to deliver multi-year, multi-million dollar regulated utility contracts. You will be responsible for implementing a structured account management plan aimed at expanding our footprint at existing customers through upselling and cross-selling. This plan includes the tracking and presentation of key performance indicators and associated value to internal and external stakeholders.
Through relationship building and a value-based, consultative sales process you will convert customer-level success into future revenue. You will work closely with Bidgley’s sales team to educate, influence, and ultimately create the business justification to expand the footprint of Bidgely’s current and future solutions.
- Innovative – Challenge the status quo to make things faster, better, cheaper, and more successful. Even small changes cumulate to drive a big impact.
- Result Driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion
- Quality Focused – Quality is at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our work and are a trusted resource for our team and the industry.
What You’ll Bring
- 4-10 years of software and/or program delivery experience at a technology company
- 4 + years of experience and a personal interest in the energy efficiency or related industries
- Track record of success delivering complex, x-functional projects with large enterprise customers
- Ability to work with customers post launch to hit their business goals whether they be Energy Efficiency savings or increased customer satisfaction
- Strong desire to be a business owner of your customers to balance revenue, costs and margin across a book of business
- Ability to convert customer-level success into future account level business development opportunities
- Detail oriented and able to monitor customer health and proactively identify and mitigate churn risks
- Experience with Customer Success (Catalyst, ChurnZero, Gainsight), Project Management (Asana, Smartsheet), and Engineering (JIRA) Tools
- Experience in Demand Side Management, specifically behavioral energy efficiency is strongly preferred.
- Communication and comprehension of technical issues when working with the customer and our engineering teams
- Open and highly collaborative mentality
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 25% of the time once Covid restrictions are lifted
What You’ll Do
- Be a subject matter expert with a deep understanding of the energy market and how Bidgely can play a disruptive role in creating a more energy-efficient future
- Become a business owner balancing customer goals, revenue, and margins of post launch customers
- Understand Bidgely products in order to be the voice of the customer and influence product development and schedules
- Develop an Account Plan to manage all opportunities by navigating the critical success factors, competitive challenges, partner landscape, objections and other complex issues to ensure successful outcomes in the territory
- Collaborate with the Bidgely Sales and Strategy & Growth team to present our solution in a comprehensive and compelling way to win business
- Present regularly to the customer and Bidgely stakeholders on the status of the project
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment and the opportunity and risk it creates. Keeping up on trends, changes, and competitor actions that might impact your customer.
- Plan and facilitate meetings between Bidgely’s executive team, the customer’s business executives, technology and procurement teams to align all parties around the engagement
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders (Program Management, IT, Exec Sponsor, etc.) at existing customers
Why You’ll Love Working At Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Access to wellness resources like yoga, meditation, and more.
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your skills
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Professional Development Dollars
- Wellness Dollars
- Paid Parental Leave policy
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) for mental health and wellbeing
- Home Office Stipend
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We are serious about and embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to build a better future and a better workforce.
Salary Range: $115,000 – $125,000 plus variable