Non-Wires Solutions Infographic
Non-wires solutions (also called Non-wires alternatives or NWS) refers to the opportunity for utilities to avoid large capital expenses associated with grid upgrades if they can find more cost-effective solutions through load shifting or reducing peak load. Understanding ownership of key appliances in the specific geographic region gives insight into the types of opportunities that might exist when designing and planning non-wires solutions.
Bidgely UtilityAITM leverages artificial intelligence and smart meter data to reduce peak load in 5 steps, including:
- Identifying opportunities
- Assessing regional appliance ownership
- Developing a load shifting program
- Targeting the right customers
- Communicating to instill customer feedback.
Download the infographic to learn more.